WV Bourbon Peach Smash
- 3 oz Bourbon
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp West Virginia Fruit & Berry Peach Preserves
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 2 thin slices of lemon
- 2-4 Tbsp simple syrup (to taste; start with 2 Tbsp)
- Ginger Beer, chilled
- Peach slices and mint for garnish
- Combine Bourbon and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker with ice, shake at least 10 times until very cold to the touch. Set aside.
- Divide the peach preserves, mint leaves, lemon slices and simple syrup into two chilled glasses and muddle gently to bruise the leaves and mix the ingredients.
- Fill the glasses with ice and add the bourbon and lemon juice mixture; stir well.
- Top with the chilled ginger beer, stir briefly and garnish with a peach slice and mint leaves.