Our entire line of products aren't just for your breakfast toast! Each delicious preserve, fruit butter, and wine can be added to a recipe to create an out of this world taste of West Virginia!
31 Amazing Uses for Preserves and Fruit Wine!
Preserves and jam are traditionally known for being delicious and served on breads or scones. They come in many different varieties and forms such as preserves, jellies, jams, marmalades, chutneys, fruit butters, fruit spreads, fruit curds, and confits.
Despite all the different variations of this delicious fruit confection, it is essentially always a type of fruit preserve that contains fruit and sugar that are combined with a gelling agent, such as pectin. A jam will last for a long time and can be enjoyed in many more creative ways than simply spreading on bread.
Of course, jam is considered a perfect accompaniment to peanut butter, as many kids and adults alike will gladly testify to. But I suppose that we can only eat so many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before craving something a little different, and so here are a few other good uses for it and ways to make it more interesting when combined with some of your other favorite foods.
- Make a jam smoothie: blend your favorite preserve with milk, fresh fruit, and yogurt.
- Serve preserves & cream cheese on crackers (great with jalapeño jam)
- Use the preserves as a glaze for pork or chicken; it can easily be added to BBQ sauce!
- Liven up any boring original cheesecake with a dollop of warm preserves on top!
- Spread it between cake layers, for example a Victoria sponge cake.
- Gently warm up and thin an apple butter or peach preserve and pour over ice cream.
- A simple pancake or waffle topping (our blueberry preserves are amazing heated up)
- It makes great gifts!
- Stir preserves into cottage cheese.
- Served up some preserves with some sliced-up local fruit; simple, but delicious.
- Serve a spoonfull of preserves in a bowl of oatmeal for a comforting snack; a great alternative to those artificially flavored fruit oatmeals.
- Swirl in some strawberry jam to rice pudding.
- Add fruit wine to your favorite cocktails (see recipes on website)
- Add preserves to your favorite cocktails! (see recipes on website)
- Cover a wheel of brie cheese with jam, wrap in puff pastry and bake.
- Stir preserves into your faorite icing for a different and yummy cake or cupcake topping.
- Fill doughnuts!
- Make jam-filled butter cookies.
- Get the kids to help in the kitchen - mix preserves into the pancake batter, you can't go wrong!
- Make a simple Jam Tart! All you have to do is fill individual pastry tartlet cases with jam. Nice served warm with a dollop of ice cream on the side!
- Make a batch of surprise muffins - half-fill the muffin cups, put in a dob of jam, and then cover the jam with more muffin mix.
- Jam makes an easy crepe filling! Top with a spoonful of cream fraiche or whipping cream.
- For a flavourful protein shake, blend preserves, milk and protein powder.
- Use preserves to sweeten tea instead of sugar or honey.
- Mix preserves with oil, vinegar and spices for a sweet salad dressing.
- Use preserves instead of sugar for making chewy and fruity cookies.
- Drizzle warmed-up preserves over really hot and spicy chicken wings.
- Spoon preserves over chicken breasts before baking: a really simple glaze.
- Make Queen of Puddings, which uses up leftover bread, with preserves and eggs.
- Ditch the processed artificial flavored yogurt, and add our preserves to plain yogurt for an all natural REAL fruit yogurt!
- Add Fruit Wine to your favorite beer for a crisp fruity flavor!